PSHE and Relationships and Health Education
PSHE - Statement of Intent
Bryn St Peter’s CE Primary School believes that a strong PSHE education is important to help our pupils develop into well-rounded members of society, who can make a positive contribution to their community. Our PSHE and RSE curriculum is delivered using Heart Smart, a programme that is rooted in Christian Values which equips our children to have a healthy internal dialogue and resilient approach to life. Our PSHE / RSE curriculum is strongly tied to our, relationships, health education and pastoral care programme.
The vision for pupils, staff and others linked to our school is to always look to achieve our personal best in every aspect of school life.
- Our school is a Christian school where everyone is encouraged and supported to achieve their personal best.
- Our school is welcoming, inclusive, has a real community feel and is a place where everyone is valued.
- Our pupils and staff treat each other equitably, fairly, with kindness and with mutual respect. At all times, staff and pupils are encouraged to demonstrate Christian Values, always considering the needs and feelings of others through their actions and words.
- Our pupils and staff are enterprising and approach challenges with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- The needs and interests of all pupils, irrespective of gender, culture, ability or aptitude, will be promoted through an inclusive and varied PSHE curriculum at our school.
- Our environment is safe and clean with everyone sharing responsibility for it.
- Our culture is one of continuous improvement, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Parents will be informed about the policy via the school’s website where it, and the PSHE curriculum, will be available to read and download.
Introduction to Heart Smart
Use the link below to find out more about the Heart Smart programme.