Mrs Seddon is our attendance officer here at Bryn St Peter's. She monitors pupils' attendance and punctuality, supporting families to help their children come to our lovely school.
Top Attendance Tips for Parents
Attendance at school is vital to ensure your child achieves their full potential. When children have a lot of absences it can mean they have gaps in their knowledge which can lead to slower progress. At Bryn St Peter's we encourage parents to ensure their children are in school, except for periods of illness.
If you are struggling with your child's attendance at school, here are some tried and tested tips to ensure good school attendance for your child:
1. Talk to your child about how important it is to attend school every day.
2. Show an interest in what your child has done at school each day.
3. If you think your child is trying to avoid school, try to find out why? Ask them, ask their friends, ask their teachers.
4. Help your child to keep to routines, going to bed and getting up at set times, completing homework on the night it is set etc.
5. Unless avoidable, please do not arrange medical or dental appointments during school hours.
6. Encourage after school and extra-curricular activities.
7. Talk to your child's teachers if you notice sudden changes in behaviour.
8. Remember that habits are formed early. It is much more difficult to get your child to school regularly if you have let them stay at home 'just this once'.