Statement of intent.
Bryn St Peter’s recognises the effect that an inclusive teaching style can have on a pupils’ progress, both inside and outside of the school environment. At our school, we provide a broad and balanced curriculum which encompasses spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, in accordance with the locally-agreed syllabus of the Diocese of Blackburn and Liverpool.
The Religious Education policy ensures that:
• All pupils are provided with a balanced and broad curriculum which encompasses the traditions of Great Britain as well as a variety of other mainstream religions and beliefs.
• All staff members are aware of planning, assessment, teaching and learning requirements for the RE curriculum.
• All pupils know how to plan, practise and evaluate their work.
• All pupils understand all elements of RE, as per the locally-agreed curriculum.
• All pupils receive a high level of teaching which is maintained at all times.
• Community cohesion and high standards of achievement are promoted.
• Progression of academic achievement occurs consistently throughout the key stages.